Apogee Applied Research, a high technology company, is seeking a qualified Software Engineer to assist new product development efforts in our Dayton, Ohio location. Apogee develops and produces advanced signal processing systems for various government agencies.
The candidate will be responsible for software development as part of a multidisciplinary team working on signal processing acceleration equipment. The tasks will typically consist of initial architecture design, development, test, integration, and releasing updates. Developments will consist of command parsers, hardware controllers, various drivers, and test programs. The platform will be primarily Linux on an x86 based processors. The candidate will work closely with and support our systems, hardware, QA and Customer Support teams in quickly resolving systems issues as well as planned new development releases.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years in a professional engineering position
- Must have Linux device driver or other Linux kernel level development experience
- Full life-cycle software development experience, from high-level design through detailed design, coding, integration and test.
- Proficiency in Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Must possess strong hardware-software system debugging skills
- Solid ability to write and debug embedded software in C/C++
- Must be a self-motivated, detail oriented team player
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
PREFER: DSP background such as filtering or transforms. A current TS clearance is highly desired but not required.